- This event has passed.
Demystifying Machine Learning
June 13 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
For most machine learning is a black box, but it’s really a tool to predict events and understand patterns that exist around us.
This workshop will be a hands-on session that teaches how to learn machine learning through practical, fun examples. There will be a fast intro to computational statistics and a lesson on decision trees, natural language processing using rap lyrics, and neural networks on wine data.
* What is the difference between machine learning and AI?
* How to apply machine learning to your projects
* Understanding some of the math behind the black box.
* How to evaluate machine learning models and whether or not to use them for decision making.
* Tips and tricks identifying ML in your daily life.
Ayodele Odubela is a Data Scientist at MINDBODY and the founder of fullyConnected, a learning platform for underrepresented minorities to learn machine learning. Ayodele got her start in tech by doing marketing for startups and is passionate about using data to improve the lives of marginalized people. She is a member of the National Society of Black Engineers, an avid hockey fan, dog-lover, and believes code is best written on a beach.